Forum » General » Community Updates » Community upgrade

Community upgrade

• You can use pictures of mine if you like.

March 11, 2016 12:17 PM PST
  • Thats great guys thanks

March 11, 2016 8:23 AM PST
  • Bteck, You can use any of my photos you think appropriate for the banner!

March 11, 2016 8:21 AM PST
  • I will get bussy and post some picturs that you can use :) 

March 10, 2016 10:34 PM PST
  • 97TJ said:

Your efforts to fine tune the forum have paid off! The new format is much easier on the eyes for reading. I especially like the new banner with the rotating photos.

Thank you 97TJ. I would like to let everyone know to if you want some of your pictures up in the banne let me know if I can use your pictures you have uploaded and if you dont have any upload some. I would like to keep the banner fresh with new photos. 

March 10, 2016 9:56 PM PST
  • Your efforts to fine tune the forum have paid off! The new format is much easier on the eyes for reading. I especially like the new banner with the rotating photos.

March 10, 2016 9:53 PM PST
  • I have to agree with MT Crawler you guys have done a fantastic job of ATBE website. I know you may have some miner stuff to fix up the colors to me look fine. Keep up the good work.

March 6, 2016 9:11 PM PST
  • Thank you MT Crawler I am glad you like the site. It has been a lot of work and thanks to all the people that have helped in making this happen. I 'am still working on colors of various items, trying to stay with the ATBE colors Black and Orange. Getting colors, right is not an easy task, you think it would be but if you have ever re-modeled your house you know when it comes time to picking color it is a showstopper lol. Web pages are tricky trying to find the right balance so everything works together. I feel I’m on the right track with what I’m doing. I’m looking for clean professional looking web-site. One thing I will say that will Blow everyone’s mind is one day you are going to pull up ATBE on your browser and see that you are looking at a web page and the community will then a link on the webpage. I’m still undecided on how it will work. That will be down the road though but soon enough.

March 6, 2016 9:54 AM PST
  • I guess I will ask the question to the few that responded to this thread what do you think of the site now ? Myself there is so much to look at I have gone through the pages but not closely inspecting them there is some color issues, the one I notice is when you put your cursor over a menu item is it supposed to disappear, no big deal if it does that you know what you are going to click on. Some of the text is light; I just found out that the black words are links that turn orange witch is cool. Is it possible to have spell check working in the forum reply box that is a very nice feature? Other than that, I cannot think of anything else, I know more will come to mind as I visit the site more. 

Over all Bteck very nice job, I myself really appreciate all the hard work you do for ATBE I know you own Atbe but you have a dedication to develop something cool for other people to engage in and enjoy Thank you!!! 

Thumbs up to you bud :)

March 6, 2016 9:11 AM PST
  • Ok that explains why you asked that thanks 

March 5, 2016 2:44 PM PST
  • Thank you Williys45 for the info on the email how to. I’m trying to fix the server's Email sending settings so it does not appear to any mail server as a potential email threat so it will not go into the junk box when your mail sever receives it. Once we get rolling on the main event and the server is sending large amounts of email, it will actually go into the recipients mail box not the junk mail box.

March 5, 2016 2:33 PM PST
  • To answer your email query I have had in the past things from ATBE go to my junk box but I have since fixed that. For myself I always keep close eye on my junk mail box but I have to at work to so it ends up as a occupational hazard if you want to call it that.

If anyone is getting ATBE mail in your junk mail box, it is easy to fix. All you have to do is right click on the mail in question a pop-up box will show a menu scroll down to where it says trust this sender and you’re done. Nothing coming from that sender will ever go into your junk mail again. 

March 5, 2016 2:26 PM PST
  • Well we have made fantastic progress on the site the last couple of days I hope you like the new look. If you have any suggestions on color scheme or anything else you would like to see please post it. I will do my best to change it. Enjoy :)

I have a question to you all we where or are having trouble with the ATBE Mailing prosses and I would like to know if the emails that come from ATBE are going into your junk mail box or your inbox thanks

March 5, 2016 1:53 PM PST
  • Im sure what ever you guys do to the community it will be for the best. It will also look great. Keep up the good work :)

This post was edited by Willys45 at February 1, 2016 11:35 PM PST
      February 1, 2016 11:34 PM PST
  • Yes Im always working on something else to improve. Like I said in an earlier post I do have a new fresh look that I have been working on for a while now. It is to the point of color and layout so this is why I have asked. I want to have the new look and layout up and running as soon as posible so I can work out all the bugs before we start with any major event planing

January 30, 2016 2:57 PM PST
  • Yes, a tutorial on where everything is and how it works would be great Bteck. I am sorry Bteck yes I have to agree the black has to go it was cool for a while. For long term, you should lighten up the site. I know you have been working on something cool as you always are, I cannot wait to see what it is. I cannot give you what colors to go with because that department is way past my comprehension lol on what colors to put together but I have all the confidence that you will figure that out.

I do have to agree with the others on this that is great that you are letting the membership have a part in how they would like to see their house decorated good on you bud.

January 30, 2016 8:52 AM PST
  • Thanks for including the membership and asking for input.  Overall lay out is OK. The black background makes it hard for my tired eyes to read thought.

January 29, 2016 9:25 PM PST
  • Thank you Elizadeath for your comments here is a screen shot of what you need to do to go right to that page or post you are talking about.

First, you have had to post on that topic for it to be available but I can see about making it available in more instances. Ok that is 2 people saying wider. I have been working on this for quite some time now and I’m just putting some finishing touches on the new look but this is the important part once I do these changes that is it the code will run throughout the website and will be too time consuming to change it after. I appreciate the feedback I’m also working on tutorials and tips to help with how things work as well that you can search and read on only id it will help

This post was edited by Bteck at January 29, 2016 6:28 PM PST
      January 29, 2016 6:21 PM PST
  • I agree with the wider format, I would like that as well. I think maybe a greyish background but definitely not super white, it's hard on the eyes. I like the orange and I understand we are keeping that as it's sorta on everything but ya let's try a lighter background...maybe even a tan or something?? Not sure how that would look. 

Small detail but when I'm on the home page and I click to find out what the last comment on a topic was it doesn't seem to take me to the last page which could be me clicking on the wrong part?? anyway would be nice to go directly to the last post that I read...

I will keep thinking on it and thanks for the chance to give input! :)

January 29, 2016 5:26 PM PST
  • Thank you Loardcrash for your suggestions Yes I will be keeping the same features that we currently have now. As for making the page wider, yes I can make that happen. Who else would like to see the site fill your screen instead of the current layout?

January 29, 2016 4:38 PM PST
  • Thank you for including the membership in the decision making of the site. :) You do not see that too often. Anyway here is my 2 cense worth. I like hot this sit has the different features with you continue to have these features meaning the store Albums and such I hope so. Since you have mentioned it yes, the colors of this site are a little dark (not as creepy dark) but the colors. Can you make the page wider like not have everything crammed in the middle? Well that is all I can think of right now. It will be exciting to see what we all can come up with. I hope others will chime in

January 29, 2016 4:19 PM PST
  • As you, all know and to the members that did not know the site was down a couple of weeks back for a revamp of the site. As I set out to fix all that was causing errors I did find that a lot of how the code is written now is causing some small issues with the operations of the site itself. This is meaning that there is conflicting issues between some of the pages on the site. I’m now writing a new site we will not be going down at all, but there is going to be a new look eventually I’m thinking and I would like your opinions on this of getting rid of the dark and going lighter with more color. I do like the black but it is just too hard to have the black theme with all the features that the site has to make everything visible excreta without messing up the color theme.

In the meantime, let us have a discussion on what colors to use, what you like to see when you visit a website. This will help me in making decisions on what road to take to making this site enjoyable to look at.

Thank you in advance

January 29, 2016 9:22 AM PST
  • Today I closed the site to preform site updates. They include a new way to upload and view photos in the albums. As well as an update on the video's as time goes on I will be tweaking the color palette etc.. But other than that it seems to be working better. Please if you find a problem pleas post a reply here to let me know what you find is going wrong or if you find an issue. Thank you and enjoy.

January 11, 2015 9:38 PM PST
  • t shirts and hoodies and stickers ...oh my

March 7, 2014 5:31 PM PST
  • Here is some test decals that we have been working on 

If you have any ideas on what type of decals that we should play with that will give us a good direction on where we are going with this (1) logos (2) banners (3) clothing let us know what you would like to buy it will help ATBE financially as well as you having something you where apart of deciding on.

This post was edited by Lock N Rock at March 7, 2014 7:59 AM PST
      March 7, 2014 7:53 AM PST